Temporary Counselor - Non-Tenure Track Faculty
Job no: 496877
Work type: Non-Instructional Faculty (Coach/Counselor/Librarian)
Categories: Unit 3 - CFA - California Faculty Association, Counselor (Non-instructional Faculty), Health Professionals, Student Services, Temporary, Full Time
Title: Counselor - Non-Tenure Track
Rank: Student Services Professional - Academic Related I
Status: Temporary (two positions may be filled)
Start: Fall 2020 (August 2020)
Primary duties will include provision of services to university students in the form of intake and psychological assessment, crisis intervention, individual, couples, and group therapy. Additional responsibilities include providing consultation to staff and faculty, conducting psychoeducational workshops, and clinical consultation to Psychological Services trainees in the intern training program. Specific assignments are dependent on departmental needs and the background of the individual.
Our Students: California State University, Fresno is committed to serving our students with a focus on inclusion. Fresno State has been recognized as a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI); an Asian American/Native American/Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI); and has been designated to the Community Engagement Classification by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.
Required Education and certification (from an accredited institution or foreign equivalent.):
- Psy.D. or Ph.D. in Clinical or Counseling Psychology or a MSW, MFT or other terminal degree in a counseling discipline.
- Current California license to practice as a mental health provider or ability to become licensed within 24 months of first employment.
- Demonstrated commitment to working effectively with faculty, staff and students from diverse ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct brief group, individual and couples psychotherapy.
- Experience working with issues pertinent to a diverse student population with a broad spectrum of psychological issues and experience or knowledge in working with high-risk clients.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct intake clinical interviews, psycho-diagnostic assessment, case conceptualization, and treatment plan formulation.
- Demonstrated ability to provide crisis intervention.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working with diverse issues including multi-racial and ethnic identity; gender and sexual identity, disabilities; spirituality, and varying socio-economic backgrounds.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and ethics pertaining to mental health
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of computer skills and ability to use electronic charting system.
- Ability to collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of mental health and primary care providers within an integrated student health center.
- Clinical experience in a college or university counseling center.
- Evidence of training and expertise in cross-cultural therapy, substance abuse, eating disorders, and autism spectrum disorders.
- Experience conducting Psycho diagnostic testing.
- Clinical skills in working with high-risk clients.
- Experience in crisis debriefing.
- Ability to assess and treat dually diagnosed clients.
- Experience in working with electronic medical record system.
Application Procedures: To ensure full consideration, applicants should submit all application materials by Review of applications will begin June 15, 2020, and will continue until the position is filled.; review of applications may continue until the position is filled.. Apply online at: http://jobs.csufresno.edu
Attach the following:
- Cover letter addressing qualifications and experience;
- Curriculum vitae or resume;
- List of three professional references
- A statement addressing your commitment to working with faculty, staff, and students from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds
Finalists will be asked to submit the following. The Search Chair will send information and requests for these items:
- Three current letters of recommendation (dated within the last 12 months)
- Official transcripts
Student Health and Counseling Center
About Fresno State
California State University, Fresno is an engaged University. We focus on broadening students' intellectual horizons, fostering lifelong learning skills, developing the leaders of tomorrow, promoting community involvement, and instilling an appreciation of world cultures. We nurture cultural competence by celebrating the rich diversity of the campus community and welcoming the participation of all. Members of the University community are expected to work effectively with faculty, staff and students from diverse ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds. For information on the University's commitment and dedication to creating a university known for its integrity, civility, equity, respect and ethical behavior, please visit: http://www.fresnostate.edu/academics/diversity The campus is ranked 24th in the nation by Washington Monthly; ranked 3rd by U.S. News & World Report in graduation rate performance for public institutions; and, ranked 41st in the nation in MONEY Magazines 50 Best Public Colleges.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend