Compensation and Benefits
Anticipated Hiring Salary: $2,912 per month
Full classification Salary Range: $2,912 - $4,196 per month
New hires will be assigned to the swing shift (Monday-Friday, 5:00 pm to 1:30 am).
- This full-time (equivalent to 40 hours per week) position is temporary and expected to end on or before one year from date of hire. Extension of this assignment is contingent upon sufficient additional funding and satisfactory performance.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this continuous recruitment.
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 14 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here.
Under general supervision, provides general cleaning and custodial care and support for assigned campus buildings, facilities, structures and adjacent areas and/or portions thereof, including, but not limited to, campus offices, classrooms, science laboratories, art rooms, auditoriums, gymnasiums, locker rooms, health and child care centers, patios, entryways, walkways, and workshops. Custodial staff may work independently or as part of a custodial team. Duties include:
- Clean and maintain assigned areas, including such activities as dusting and cleaning all surfaces; removing trash and recyclables; cleaning and disinfecting restrooms and replenishing supplies; cleaning glass doors, windows, and blinds; cleaning off graffiti; cleaning furniture and upholstery; cleaning light fixtures; polishing woodwork and metal surfaces; cleaning stairwells, walkways, and elevators; and performing general housekeeping; clean and maintain campus floors, including sweeping; dry and/or wet mopping; stripping, sealing, waxing, and polishing floors; vacuuming; spot and full cleaning of carpets; and use and care for powered floor cleaning equipment
- Provide custodial support, including activities such as responding to custodial/cleaning emergencies; replacing lamps in light fixtures; safeguarding assigned areas from unauthorized use and access by locking and unlocking doors and windows; arranging and setting up furniture, equipment, and related items
- Provide general campus support by reporting facility repair needs identified during custodial rounds; serving as a special event custodian; and participating in campus event set-up and clean up, including moving bleachers; identify and organize necessary work materials and equipment, which may include loading and unloading cleaning supplies, and materials
- Operate and maintain appropriate hand and powered equipment and tools, supplies, and materials to perform assigned duties; some positions may be required to use a motor vehicle, such as a truck, or electric cart to transport custodial equipment, materials, and supplies
- Maintain a professional-like attitude at all times while on duty
- Maintain regular attendance
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Ability to operate and care for custodial equipment and supplies
- Ability to observe safety requirements and safe work practices and methods
- Ability to perform work involving regular physical activity
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions to ensure safety
To view the full list of qualifications and job responsibilities, please click the Position Description button above.
Education and Experience
Deadline & Application Instructions
Applications received by May 6, 2021 will be given full consideration by the search committee. Applications received after that date will be forwarded at the request of the Hiring Manager and/or search committee.
Please click “Apply Now” to complete the employment application for California State University, Fresno. Interested applicants must complete the application and attach the following: 1) their most recent resumé/vitae, 2) a cover letter that addresses their specific qualifications and interest, and 3) contact information for three professional references.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to boldly educate and empower students for success through our values of Discovery, Diversity and Distinction. The current student population is more than 25,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and across the globe.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 527,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley. The campus is within driving distance of Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, San Francisco, Los Angeles, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Orders 1096 and 1097 prohibit discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Fresno State's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring, and retention. We are proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with California State University, Fresno. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that Fresno State has identified as sensitive.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" under the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This will require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within six (6) months of assuming office and every two (2) years thereafter.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.