Transfer Admissions Coordinator
(Student Services Professional III)
Compensation and Benefits
Anticipated Hiring Salary: $4,691 per month
Full Classification Salary Range: $4,691 - $6,683 per month
- This is a full-time, probationary, exempt position.
- Area of consideration is limited to full-time, on-campus, state funded employees only.
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 14 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here.
The Lead Undergraduate Transfer Advisor reports directly to the Associate Director of Admissions and oversees the daily activities of the Transfer Admissions Unit. The Transfer Admissions Unit in the Office of Admissions and Recruitment is responsible for providing admission and advising services that assist transfer students in their transition to the university. The Transfer Admissions Unit admits incoming transfer students; advises transfer students regarding their admissions requirements and their transfer credit applicable to baccalaureate programs; identifies requirements for their particular major; and advises students regarding appropriate pathways for meeting major and General Education degree requirements. Serves as the liaison between the Admissions Office and Undergraduate Student Recruitment and other stakeholders.
- General knowledge of the policies, procedures and practices of a university admissions department
- Proficiency with office automation technologies and spreadsheet software including Microsoft Word, Excel, and web-based applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated professionalism, and ability to work as part of a team and contribute to a collegial environment
- Ability to provide guidance and lead working direction to advising staff
- Ability to analyze complex situations accurately and adopt effective courses of action
- Experience with a complex student data system or degree audit system or transfer imaging system, preferably PeopleSoft, U.Achieve or comparable applications strongly preferred
To view the full list of qualifications and job responsibilities, please click the Position Description button above.
Education and Experience
- Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university in one of the behavioral sciences, public or business administration or a job-related field
- Three years of professional experience in one of the student services program areas or in a field related to Admissions & Recruitment
- A master's degree in a job-related field may be substituted for one year of professional experience
Deadline & Application Instructions
Applications received by August 4, 2021 will be given full consideration by the search committee.
Please click “Apply Now” to complete the employment application for California State University, Fresno. Interested applicants must complete the application and attach the following: 1) their most recent resumé/vitae, 2) a cover letter that addresses their specific qualifications and interest, and 3) contact information for three professional references.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to boldly educate and empower students for success through our values of Discovery, Diversity and Distinction. The current student population is more than 25,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and across the globe.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 527,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley. The campus is within driving distance of Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, San Francisco, Los Angeles, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Orders 1096 and 1097 prohibit discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Fresno State's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring, and retention. We are proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with California State University, Fresno. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that Fresno State has identified as sensitive.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" under the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This will require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within six (6) months of assuming office and every two (2) years thereafter.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.