Department Administrative Assistant
(Administrative Support Coordinator I)
Compensation and Benefits
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $3,276 - $3.485 per month
Full classification Salary Range: $3,276 - $5,148 per month
- This is a full-time (equivalent to 40 hours per week), probationary, non-exempt position.
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 14 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here.
Under the general supervision of the Chair of the Literacy, Early, Bilingual, and Special Education Department and the lead work direction of the Administrative Services Manager, the candidate will serve as the department resource person for performing a variety of administrative and technical duties requiring compliance to academic and administrative policies, and maintaining continuity in policy and procedures in support of the department.
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels with the ability to work as part of a team and contribute to collegial environment.
- Work independently; involving use of judgment and discretion.
- Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of drafting and composing correspondence and standard reports.
- Proficient in use of office software packages (Microsoft Office; Word, Excel), computer (PC or Macintosh) and on-line systems to enter data and generate reports.
- Expertise in office systems and ability to use a broad range of technology systems and packages including Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Photoshop
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, punctuation and spelling, and ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
- A history of regular attendance, punctuality, and positive performance evaluations.
- Possess reliability, punctuality, self-motivating, and leadership skills.
- Use of email, voicemail, and internet.
- Effectively handle a broad range of interpersonal contacts, within and outside the university including those at a higher level and those sensitive or confidential in nature.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within and outside the work group and serve as a liaison for the unit to other academic departments.
- Learn and interpret a wide variety of complex operations and academic policies and procedures and support the mission of the department, school, and university.
- Work independently and use sound judgment and discretion in establishing effective business processes and meeting deadlines.
- Independently organize and prioritize multiple work assignments and projects required in all major duties and responsibilities.
- Troubleshoot office technology problems and systems; and performing other general office support and maintenance activities.
- Use and quickly learn new office support technology systems and software packages.
- Work in a fast-paced environment; promote teamwork and collegiality.
- Adjust priorities and be responsive to short-notice requests.
- Work with students, faculty, staff and the general public from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
To view the full list of qualifications and job responsibilities, please click the Position Description button above.
Education and Experience
- Graduate of a high school program, technical/vocational program, or equivalent combined with several years of related office work experience.
- Three years of recent progressively responsible clerical experience with a wide variety of duties and responsibilities.
- Experience with Google or other web based emailing system.
- Specialized Skills:
- PeopleSoft HR and Financials or other data management system.
- OmniUpdate or other web content maintenance system.
- Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possess a baccalaureate degree.
- Detailed knowledge of applicable school and university infrastructure, policies and procedures.
- Desktop publishing packages with graphics capabilities.
The mission of the Department of Literacy, Early, Bilingual, and Special Education is to engage and holistically support our teacher candidates and graduate students in developing competencies, knowledge, and resources to equitably serve our broader communities.
Deadline & Application Instructions
Applications received by June 12, 2022 will be given full consideration by the search committee.
- Applications received after that date will be forwarded at the request of the Hiring Manager and/or search committee.
Please click “Apply Now” to complete the employment application for California State University, Fresno. Interested applicants must complete the application and attach the following: 1) their most recent resumé/vitae, 2) a cover letter that addresses their specific qualifications and interest, and 3) contact information for three professional references.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to boldly educate and empower students for success through our values of Discovery, Diversity and Distinction. The current student population is more than 25,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and across the globe.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 527,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley. The campus is within driving distance of Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, San Francisco, Los Angeles, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Orders 1096 and 1097 prohibit discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Fresno State's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring, and retention. We are proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Vaccination Interim Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to email@example.com.
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with California State University, Fresno. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that Fresno State has identified as sensitive.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" under the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This will require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within six (6) months of assuming office and every two (2) years thereafter.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
Fresno State is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions. (e.g. H1-B Visas)