Administrative Support Coordinator
(Administrative Support Coordinator II)
Compensation and Benefits
Anticipated Hiring Salary: $3,440 per month
Full classification Salary Range: $3,440 - $5,639 per month
- This is a full-time (equivalent to 40 hours per week), probationary, non-exempt position.
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 14 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here.
Under the general supervision of the chair of the Department of Public Health, this position provides administrative support to the department chair, 15 full-time faculty, and performs ongoing coordination and provides lead direction to an ASA support person and student assistants in the Department of Public Health. The Administrative Support Coordinator II is expected to use general office equipment and office support technology and systems, including word processing, spreadsheets, PeopleSoft and use of other online systems to enter data and generate reports.
- Comprehensive and detailed knowledge of the university infrastructure, policies, and procedures
- Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures
- Thorough mastery of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Expertise in using office software packages, technology, and systems (Microsoft Office Suite, email, calendar)
- Interpret and apply policies and procedures independently, and use judgment and discretion to act when precedents do not exist
- Troubleshoot most office administration problems and respond to all inquiries and requests related to work area
- Understand problems from a broader perspective and anticipate the impact of office administration problems and solutions on other areas
- Analyze operational and procedural problems and develop, recommend, and evaluate proposed solutions
- Perform business math, analyze budgetary data, and make accurate projections requiring some inference
- Effectively write and present own reports
- Effectively handle interpersonal interactions at all levels and handle highly sensitive interpersonal situation
- Use negotiation and persuasion skills to achieve results and expedite projects
- Take meeting minutes
- Use and quickly learn new technology systems
- Handle multiple projects and meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Set own priorities and complete tasks with minimal or no supervision
- Use advanced skills in office automation software including word processing, electronic spreadsheets, database, web access, email software, electronic calendars, and generating brochures/flyers
- Apply effective listening, writing, and oral skills and competence in interpreting and communicating procedures, policies, information, ideas, and instructions
- Apply independent judgment, discretion, critical thinking skills, and initiative to address problems proactively and develop practical, thorough, and at times, creative solutions
- Work with frequent interruptions and under pressure of deadlines
- Work effectively with a diverse population
To view the full list of qualifications and job responsibilities, please click the Position Description button above.
Education and Experience
- Completion of high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents
- Four years of progressively responsible, related clerical experience
- Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience working in higher education
- Experience extracting and analyzing data, including financial data
- Experience in effectively providing lead direction to others and working in a team environment
- Experience in using Google Calendar
- Excellent customer service skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of PeopleSoft (student administration, Human Resources, Financials, curriculum management, temporary faculty)
The Department of Public Health is one of seven departments in the College of Health and Human Services and offers curricula based on principles of public health practices leading to a Bachelor of Science degree at the undergraduate level and a Master of Public Health Degree.
The Bachelor of Science in Health Science and the Master of Public Health (MPH) are designed to prepare students for careers with official and voluntary health agencies at the federal, state, or local levels of government as well as the private sector.
Deadline & Application Instructions
Applications received by June 19, 2022 will be given full consideration by the search committee.
- Applications received after that date will be forwarded at the request of the Hiring Manager and/or search committee.
Please click “Apply Now” to complete the employment application for California State University, Fresno. Interested applicants must complete the application and attach the following: 1) their most recent resumé/vitae, 2) a cover letter that addresses their specific qualifications and interest, and 3) contact information for three professional references.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to boldly educate and empower students for success through our values of Discovery, Diversity and Distinction. The current student population is more than 25,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and across the globe.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 527,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley. The campus is within driving distance of Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, San Francisco, Los Angeles, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Orders 1096 and 1097 prohibit discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Fresno State's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring, and retention. We are proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Vaccination Interim Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with California State University, Fresno. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that Fresno State has identified as sensitive.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" under the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This will require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within six (6) months of assuming office and every two (2) years thereafter.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
Fresno State is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions. (e.g. H1-B Visas)