Extended Education Specialist I
Compensation and Benefits
Anticipated Hiring Salary: $5,000 per month
Full classification Salary Range: $4,493 - $6,395 per month
- This is a full-time, probationary, exempt position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this recruitment.
- This position is not eligible for remote work pursuant to Fresno State's remote work guidelines and the CSU policy requiring that all work be performed within the State of California.
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 14 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here.
Under supervision of CGE Associate Dean and other CGE management, the Extended Education Specialist I is responsible for the planning, content development, and implementation of Extended Education programming. The Extended Education Specialist I will interface with campus faculty and community stakeholders to develop both credit bearing and non-credit bearing certificate and stand-alone programs for Extended Education. The Extended Education Specialist I collaborates to develop and support workshops, mid-career training, and professional development offerings.
- Knowledge of the procedures and practices in educational program and curriculum planning; resources of the campus and the surrounding community; and the processes required to plan and construct academic programs and course outlines.
- Ability to determine needs for new or revised programs; plan course hours and credit; develop course outlines with instructors; locate instructors and to assist them in understanding and completing contract arrangements; develop budgets and analyze costs; write promotional materials and to develop a variety of promotional techniques; represent the CSU system to the community and develop working relationships; manage logistics of providing classes; and maintain cost information and records.
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft Curriculum Management and related systems preferred.
- Experience developing resources, budgets, and marketing plans for educational program preferred.
- Experience acting as a liaison with the community preferred.
To view the full list of qualifications and job responsibilities, please click the Position Description button above.
Education and Experience
- Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university.
- Equivalent to two years of experience in planning classes or programs in a specialized field or area, preferably in higher, extended, or adult education. Teaching experience in higher or extended education may be substituted for experience on a year-for-year basis.
Deadline & Application Instructions
Applications received by July 15, 2022 will be given full consideration by the search committee. Applications received after that date will be forwarded at the request of the Hiring Manager and/or search committee.
Please click “Apply Now” to complete the employment application for California State University, Fresno. Interested applicants must complete the application and attach the following: 1) their most recent resumé/vitae, 2) a cover letter that addresses their specific qualifications and interest, and 3) contact information for three professional references.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to boldly educate and empower students for success through our values of Discovery, Diversity and Distinction. The current student population is more than 25,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and across the globe.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 527,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley. The campus is within driving distance of Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, San Francisco, Los Angeles, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Orders 1096 and 1097 prohibit discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Fresno State's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring, and retention. We are proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Vaccination Interim Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to email@example.com.
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with California State University, Fresno. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that Fresno State has identified as sensitive.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" under the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This will require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within six (6) months of assuming office and every two (2) years thereafter.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
Fresno State is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions. (e.g. H1-B Visas)