Academic Program Support Administrative Assistant
(Administrative Support Coordinator I)
Compensation and Benefits
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $3,505 - $3,680 per month dependent upon experience and strength of qualifications
Full classification Salary Range: $3,505 - $5,508 per month
- This is a part-time to full-time (equivalent to 30-40 hours per week), probationary, non-exempt position.
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 14 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here.
Under the general supervision of the Associate Dean of the Craig School of Business, the incumbent supports the mission of the school and university by assuring that all administrative requirements are completed in a timely manner, and a high spirit of cooperation exists in dealing with all other staff, students, faculty, community members and administrators who are served. The primary purpose of this position is to provide administrative support for the Academic Programs of the Craig School of Business in coordination with the other staff members assigned to both Faculty Support and Academic Program Support. In addition, this position provides support for the Deans Office as needed. Accordingly, a high degree of autonomy is afforded the position requiring considerable judgement and discretion. In addition, the incumbent must take initiative to independently plan, organize, coordinate, prioritize, and perform work in diverse areas of responsibility.
- Fully functional knowledge of and skill in standard office procedures and practices.
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation for independent preparation of correspondence.
- Knowledge of office systems software (Microsoft Windows, Office Suite, email, calendar, etc.) and the ability to use technology, systems and packages for budget-related duties and administrative support functions.
- Ability to clearly communicate orally and in writing.
- Perform standard business math, such as calculate ratios and percentages, track financial data, and make simple projections.
- Ability to handle student and staff issues confidentially, with professionalism and discretion.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and plan work and projects characterized by widely ranging job demands arriving simultaneously.
- Ability to multi-task in order to keep the department office functioning smoothly and effectively organize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
- Ability to compile, write, and present reports.
- Understand and apply independently a wide variety of policies and procedures where specific guidelines may not exist.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills to handle effectively a broader range of interpersonal contacts, including those at a higher level and those sensitive in nature.
- Troubleshoot most office administration problems and respond to all inquiries and requests related to work area.
- Create, organize and maintain accurate technical, complex, sensitive and/or confidential records and files.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships and promote a positive, service oriented collegial work environment with a variety of individuals.
- Track and produce accurate information and data for review regarding program service delivery and activities in meeting programmatic goals and enhancing processes.
- Learn and interpret a wide variety of complex operations and academic policies and procedures and support the mission of the department, school, and university.
To view the full list of qualifications and job responsibilities, please click the Position Description button above.
Education and Experience
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Equivalent to three years of progressively responsible clerical experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience, which has provided the above knowledge and abilities.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office; Word and Excel.
- Preferred Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Experience with financial tracking and maintenance.
- Working knowledge of University and Foundation financial systems and policies; JD Edwards, PeopleSoft modules, CFS Datawarehouse, and 25Live scheduling system.
- Experience with Omni Update or other web content maintenance systems.
Empowering future business leaders, the Craig School of Business, helps young professionals embark on successful careers, and provides opportunities for alumni to stay connected to their alma mater.
Deadline & Application Instructions
Applications received by November 8, 2022 will be given full consideration by the search committee.
- Applications received after that date will be forwarded at the request of the Hiring Manager and/or search committee.
Please click “Apply Now” to complete the employment application for California State University, Fresno. Interested applicants must complete the application and attach the following: 1) their most recent resumé/vitae, 2) a cover letter that addresses their specific qualifications and interest, and 3) contact information for three professional references.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to boldly educate and empower students for success through our values of Discovery, Diversity and Distinction. The current student population is more than 25,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and across the globe.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 527,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley. The campus is within driving distance of Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, San Francisco, Los Angeles, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Orders 1096 and 1097 prohibit discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Fresno State's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring, and retention. We are proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Vaccination Interim Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with California State University, Fresno. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that Fresno State has identified as sensitive.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" under the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This will require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within six (6) months of assuming office and every two (2) years thereafter.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
Fresno State is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions. (e.g. H1-B Visas)