Digital Infrastructure Consultant
(Information Technology Consultant - Expert)
Compensation and Benefits
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $6,249 - $7,100 per month
Full classification Salary Range: $6,249 - $12,100 per month
- This is a full-time, probationary, exempt position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this recruitment.
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 14 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here.
Under the direction of the Senior Director of Cloud Strategies, Infrastructure & Technology Support, the Digital Infrastructure Consultant supports the central delivery of operating system, and application installation, configuration, and customization services to faculty, staff, and students across the entire University as needed. This professional uses enterprise IT orchestration tools to manage the automated configuration, coordination, and management of computer systems and software.
The expert-level Digital Infrastructure Consultant is expected to work independently and possess the experience to be fully proficient in performing most or all of the work assignments. Incumbents independently apply technical judgment to standard and nonstandard application and system deployments, solve a wide range of problems that occur in this environment, developing practicable and thorough solutions, and using effective communication and listening skills.
The employee shall allocate priority and time to the duties mentioned below based upon direction from the manager to whom this employee reports. The manager will communicate these priorities and time allocation at least annually and when necessary.
- Knowledge of:
- Expert knowledge of client platform administration, configuration, rights management, and file access.
- Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK) tools, Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack (MDOP).
- Knowledge of the Windows registry, interaction of drivers within the OS, and unattended/silent installs of Windows Operating Systems.
- Working knowledge with Active Directory, Group Policy.
- Working knowledge scripting languages such as Batch and PowerShell.
- Working knowledge of PXE, TFTP, Grid Manager, AAAA Records, WIM Images, WSIM, MDT, Windows PE, Driver Packages, PowerShell, DISM, AD, HTTP, Windows Deployment Services, WSUS, Etc.).
- Service Management Tools for tracking Incidents, Requests, Problems, and Changes.
- Operating Systems: Apple Macintosh OS 10.x and later versions, Microsoft Windows 10 and later versions.
- Hardware: Intel PC systems, Apple Macintosh systems.
- Desktop management tools for imaging, configuration management and policy enforcement.
- Connectivity and network administration for fixed wire, broadband and wireless connections.
- Data administration principles and techniques.
- Copyright laws and industry standards.
- Ability to work effectively with appropriate staff or vendors during installation and problem resolution.
- Strong customer service skills and proactive, customer focused attitude.
- Ability to work independently.
- Effective communication (verbal and written) particularly using telephone and email.
- Strong fault isolation and problem solving.
- Perform multiple tasks and work according to procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills with ability to engage with different levels.
- Proficient use of standard campus applications, desktops, and laptops.
To view the full list of qualifications and job responsibilities, please click the Position Description button above.
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field such as Computer Science or Information Systems.
- 4 years experience in a digital infrastructure environment supporting enterprise-scale IT.
- Experience within higher education with IT focus.
- ITIL Foundation Certification desirable or relevant experience in ITIL environment.
- 2 years experience in direct customer support related to technical services.
- Experience in the implementation, administration, and configuration of MEMCM in an enterprise environment.
- Experience managing OS images for enterprise environments.
- Experience debugging Microsoft Windows operating systems & application deployments.
- Experience building MSIs for unattended deployments.
- Preferred Skills:
- Working knowledge of:
- Microsoft Group Policy Objects and Active Directory, Open Directory Application.
- Deployment Methods and ToolsScripting languages such as WSH, PowerShell, VBS, BashAzure Active Directory, AutoPilot, and Intune.
- Perform system, database, and network maintenance tasks.
Technology Services provides administrative information services, core services, and desktop support to the Fresno State community.
Our department consists of a well trained team of individuals dedicated to providing effective technology and quality services and support that are integrated into the daily activities of the entire campus.
Deadline & Application Instructions
Applications received by August 11, 2022 will be given full consideration by the search committee.
- Applications received after that date will be forwarded at the request of the Hiring Manager and/or search committee.
Please click “Apply Now” to complete the employment application for California State University, Fresno. Interested applicants must complete the application and attach the following: 1) their most recent resumé/vitae, 2) a cover letter that addresses their specific qualifications and interest, and 3) contact information for three professional references.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to boldly educate and empower students for success through our values of Discovery, Diversity and Distinction. The current student population is more than 25,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and across the globe.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 527,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley. The campus is within driving distance of Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, San Francisco, Los Angeles, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Orders 1096 and 1097 prohibit discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Fresno State's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring, and retention. We are proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Vaccination Interim Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with California State University, Fresno. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that Fresno State has identified as sensitive.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" under the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This will require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within six (6) months of assuming office and every two (2) years thereafter.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
Fresno State is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions. (e.g. H1-B Visas)