Technology Solutions Analyst/Programmer
(Analyst/Programmer - Career)
Compensation and Benefits
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $5,167 - $5,667 per month
Full CSU Classification Salary Range: $4,372 - $10,792 per month
- This is a full-time, probationary, exempt position.
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 14 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here.
Working independently under the general supervision of the Interim Director of Digital Transformation/Innovation Officer, the Technology Solutions Analyst/Programmer is responsible for the adoption, development, and integration of new campus technologies, researching and monitoring trends in emerging technologies, and shepherding innovation projects including core application logic, data and application integration, API, and data warehouse/ETL/data lakes at Fresno State. This position may be assigned to a variety of other analytical tasks including functional and non-functional requirements analysis, Full Stack application development, documentation and quality assurance testing. The incumbent is a member of the Hub of Digital Transformation and Innovation supporting the development of the internship program in technology experiences, and Innovation grant projects.
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Ability to apply consultative skills to assess user needs and communicate technology systems and solutions.
- Knowledge of creating technical solutions using technology frameworks and object-oriented programming languages.
- Demonstrated skills implementing applications using cloud hosted services (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP) and using container-based deployments (e.g., Docker, AWS Fargate, Amazon ECS).
- Demonstrated skills developing enterprise applications and secure REST services.
- Demonstrated skills with DevOps application management strategies and techniques; CI/CD workflows and code management standards, and Git-based development.
- Concepts of Digital Transformation.
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Experience in higher education.
To view the full list of qualifications and job responsibilities, please click the Position Description button above.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or related discipline. Qualifying experience may be substituted for required education.
- Experience in RESTful or SOAP-based Web service development.
- Experience with modern web and mobile application development frameworks.
- Experience with version control tools such as Git.
- Knowledge of web technology and accessibility standards.
- Training and recent experience that demonstrates competence in systems analysis and applications programming lifecycle for systems with complex business logic.
- Preferred Skills:
- Experience in iPaaS platform; such as Dell Boomi.
- Certified with Amazon Web Services.
- Strong understanding and experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with Adobe Sign, OnBase or similar Digital Signature/Workflow/Forms/Document Management System.
- Experience with Learning Management System, Student Information Systems, and Mobile App integration or technical support.
- Expertise in working with large data sets, raw data, cleaning/coding data in Excel/Google Sheets, consumer panel management/databases (eg, Qualtrics), experience in statistical analysis and ability to conduct it.
Technology Services provides administrative information services, core services, and desktop support to the Fresno State community. Our department consists of a well-trained team of individuals dedicated to providing effective technology and quality services and support that are integrated into the daily activities of the entire campus.
Deadline & Application Instructions
Applications received by October 2, 2022 will be given full consideration by the search committee.
- Applications received after that date will be forwarded at the request of the Hiring Manager and/or search committee.
Please click “Apply Now” to complete the employment application for California State University, Fresno. Interested applicants must complete the application and attach the following: 1) their most recent resumé/vitae, 2) a cover letter that addresses their specific qualifications and interest, and 3) contact information for three professional references.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to boldly educate and empower students for success through our values of Discovery, Diversity and Distinction. The current student population is more than 25,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and across the globe.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 527,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley. The campus is within driving distance of Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, San Francisco, Los Angeles, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Orders 1096 and 1097 prohibit discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Fresno State's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring, and retention. We are proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Vaccination Interim Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with California State University, Fresno. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that Fresno State has identified as sensitive.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" under the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This will require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within six (6) months of assuming office and every two (2) years thereafter.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
Fresno State is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions. (e.g. H1-B Visas)