Technology Solutions Analyst/Consultant
(Analyst/Programmer - Foundation)
Compensation and Benefits
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $3,899 - $4,334 per month
Full CSU Classification Salary Range: $3,713 - $7,149 per month
- This is a full-time (equivalent to 40 hours per week), probationary, non-exempt position.
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 14 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here.
Working under the direction of the Director of Digital Transformation, the Technology Solutions Analyst/Consultant is responsible for the adoption, development, and integration of new campus technologies by performing business analysis, testing, integrations, analytics, and general project management. This role will serve in an operational and project-based capacity to coordinate service support and to develop communication and training programs related to technologies delivered by the Technology Services (TS). This position will also assist the Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management with the MVP communicator platform. The incumbent is a member of the Hub of Digital Transformation and Innovation supporting the development of the internship program in technology experiences, grant projects, and Student Success innovation initiatives.
- Knowledge of formal data flow analysis methodologies.
- Working knowledge of common campus software applications and training methods; and, a basic understanding of user experience (UX) design software and multimedia systems.
- Knowledge of Concepts of Digital Transformation.
- Demonstrated understanding of design thinking approach to problem solving.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills and the ability to listen intently and understand individual perspective and needs.
- Have an innate sense for how users most effectively interact with technical products.
- Excellent ability to work and communicate with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to conduct workshops and solution presentations and apply consultative skills to assess user needs and communicate technology and innovative solutions.
- Ability to work on a team with diverse skills and backgrounds.
- Ability to use systems work flow and logic flowchart techniques.
- Organizational and time-management skills with the ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks and projects under competing deadlines and maintain flexibility in response to constantly shifting priorities.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
To view the full list of qualifications and job responsibilities, please click the Position Description button above.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, business, communications or related discipline of qualifying experience may be substituted for education.
- Experience interacting with clients, and managing expectations, as part of an IT service organization.
- Experience with project or program management, preferably in higher education.
- Experience in both campaign creation and digital communications/presence.
- Preferred Skills:
- Working experience in promoting DEI in STEM Education.
- Working experience with technology-based internship, volunteer, or service-learning programs.
- Experience with designing solutions to improve student experience.
- Certified in design thinking and/or agile project lifecycle.
- Experience in developing or updating project plans for information technology projects, including project objectives, technologies, information specifications, and schedules.
- Working experience with CSU system-wide innovation programs.
- Excellent emotional intelligence and self-awareness.
- Proven success working in a collaborative, team environment with various technical and non-technical people in the organization.
Technology Services provides administrative information services, core services, and desktop support to the Fresno State community. Our department consists of a well trained team of individuals dedicated to providing effective technology and quality services and support that are integrated into the daily activities of the entire campus.
Deadline & Application Instructions
Applications received by October 6, 2022 will be given full consideration by the search committee.
- Applications received after that date will be forwarded at the request of the Hiring Manager and/or search committee.
Please click “Apply Now” to complete the employment application for California State University, Fresno. Interested applicants must complete the application and attach the following: 1) their most recent resumé/vitae, 2) a cover letter that addresses their specific qualifications and interest, and 3) contact information for three professional references.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to boldly educate and empower students for success through our values of Discovery, Diversity and Distinction. The current student population is more than 25,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and across the globe.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 527,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley. The campus is within driving distance of Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, San Francisco, Los Angeles, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Orders 1096 and 1097 prohibit discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Fresno State's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring, and retention. We are proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Vaccination Interim Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to email@example.com.
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with California State University, Fresno. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that Fresno State has identified as sensitive.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" under the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This will require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within six (6) months of assuming office and every two (2) years thereafter.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
Fresno State is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions. (e.g. H1-B Visas)