Human Resources Technical Coordinator
(Confidential Administrative Support I)
INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY
Compensation and Benefits
Anticipated Hiring Salary: $4,058 per month
Full CSU Classification Salary Range: $4,058 - $7,407 per month
- This is a full-time (equivalent to 40 hours per week), probationary, non-exempt position.
- Area of consideration is limited to on-campus, state funded employees only.
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 14 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here.
This position operates under the leadership of the HRIS manager. The primary purpose of this position is to provide comprehensive analysis, administrative and technical support, and consultation on employment matters as well as assist in the grievance preparation. The scope of the work is comprehensive in nature. The successful candidate is expected to exercise good judgment and sound reasoning in taking appropriate and timely action.
This position is classified as “Confidential” in accordance with the provisions of the Higher Education Employer-Employee Relations Act (HEERA). According to HEERA, an employee is designated as “confidential” when assigned duties normally require access to confidential information, which contributes significantly to the development of management positions. This position works closely with the HR Director and the HR Information Systems (HRIS) Manager in the collection, organization, presentation and review of confidential data on a wide range of matters, including seniority point calculation, staff & MPP personnel actions, collective bargaining, and other related personnel matters. The incumbent regularly performs duties that require access to confidential information, which contributes significantly to the development of management positions.
- Ability to accurately translate complex employment transactions and apply the appropriate PeopleSoft Action/Reason code. These action/reasons will create a PPT (Personnel/Payroll Transaction) with the correct PIMS transaction code and element types. These transactions are used to generate pay in the State Controller’s Payroll system.
- Ability to accurate access the action/reason codes and their associated actions on benefit enrollment and absence management eligibility to ensure employees receive timely and accurate benefit enrollment.
- Ability to use, generate, update, integrate, and manipulate spreadsheets, word documents, database files, email program and other common office computer programs.
- Possess time management skills to stay focused and complete long term and short-term objectives without constant supervision.
- Attention to detail that requires complex problem solving.
- Working knowledge of multiple Employment and Benefit Service functions and processes.
- In-depth knowledge of university infrastructure, policies, and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, team oriented and stressful environment while maintaining a calm and professional demeanor.
- Knowledge of university regulations, personnel situations, makes recommendations and maintains confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written formats.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all files processed.
- Ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, students and the general public from diverse ethnic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft Human Resources software.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with the Federal Form I-9.
- Ability to analyze and define problems, establish facts, collect data, and draw valid conclusions from internal and external customers.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive communications with employees and external agencies.
To view the full list of qualifications and job responsibilities, please click the Position Description button above.
Education and Experience
- Two years of progressive responsible directly related clerical experience, preferably using an on-line recruiting and personnel system. A Combination of education and experience may be substituted as determined appropriate by the hiring manager.
The mission of Human Resources is to enhance the university community by attracting, retaining, and supporting a quality workforce in its effort to provide an excellent educational program for our students.
Deadline & Application Instructions
Applications received by October 6, 2022 will be given full consideration by the search committee.
- Applications received after that date will be forwarded at the request of the Hiring Manager and/or search committee.
Please click “Apply Now” to complete the employment application for California State University, Fresno. Interested applicants must complete the application and attach the following: 1) their most recent resumé/vitae, 2) a cover letter that addresses their specific qualifications and interest, and 3) contact information for three professional references.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to boldly educate and empower students for success through our values of Discovery, Diversity and Distinction. The current student population is more than 25,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and across the globe.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 527,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley. The campus is within driving distance of Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, San Francisco, Los Angeles, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Orders 1096 and 1097 prohibit discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Fresno State's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring, and retention. We are proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Vaccination Interim Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with California State University, Fresno. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that Fresno State has identified as sensitive.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" under the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This will require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within six (6) months of assuming office and every two (2) years thereafter.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
Fresno State is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions. (e.g. H1-B Visas)