Compensation and Benefits
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $3,544 - $3,650 per month
Full CSU Classification Salary Range: $3,544 - $5,782 per month
- This is a full-time (equivalent to 40 hours per week), probationary, non-exempt position.
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 14 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here.
Under general supervision, the Irrigation Specialist maintains and repairs grounds irrigation systems including modification of existing systems and the planning, cost estimating, and installation of new systems. This classification requires the performance of specialized work on irrigation systems in grounds areas for a major portion of the incumbent’s work time. This position may require after-hours and weekend work
- Knowledge of:
- Thorough knowledge of the soil conditions of the various areas of the campus.
- Growing and climate conditions of the area in which the campus is located.
- The mechanical principles of sprinkler equipment.
- General knowledge of the types of sprinkler control devices and irrigation equipment.
- Skill/Ability to:
- Ability to plan, estimate costs, and install or modify irrigation systems for sections of the campus.
- Ability to wire & troubleshoot irrigation valves and controllers.
- Repair and maintain existing irrigation systems; operate equipment, such as small trench diggers.
- Provide lead work direction to others.
- Read and write at a level appropriate to the position.
- Possession of or the ability to obtain a valid, current California Driver's License and a good driving record.
To view the full list of qualifications and job responsibilities, please click the Position Description button above.
Education and Experience
- Two-years of experience in the care and maintenance of landscaped areas or general grounds, with one-year in the maintenance, repair, or modification of irrigation systems and irrigation equipment.
- Preferred Skills:
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities gained working on irrigation systems for a large, landscaped facility such as a school, park, or golf course.
- Experience operating computer-automated irrigation controls system.
Facilities Management is a service group of the Division of Administration and Finance. We are a dedicated team of professionals that emphasizes the integration of our collective expertise. We are committed to providing the University with a safe, functional, and accessible campus environment.
Deadline & Application Instructions
Applications received by November 20, 2022 will be given full consideration by the search committee.
- Applications received after that date will be forwarded at the request of the Hiring Manager and/or search committee.
Please click “Apply Now” to complete the employment application for California State University, Fresno. Interested applicants must complete the application and attach the following: 1) their most recent resumé/vitae, 2) a cover letter that addresses their specific qualifications and interest, and 3) contact information for three professional references.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to boldly educate and empower students for success through our values of Discovery, Diversity and Distinction. The current student population is more than 25,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and across the globe.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 527,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley. The campus is within driving distance of Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, San Francisco, Los Angeles, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Orders 1096 and 1097 prohibit discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Fresno State's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring, and retention. We are proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Vaccination Interim Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to email@example.com.
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with California State University, Fresno. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that Fresno State has identified as sensitive.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" under the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This will require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within six (6) months of assuming office and every two (2) years thereafter.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
Fresno State is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions. (e.g. H1-B Visas)