California State University, Fresno
Lyles College of Engineering
Department of Civil & Geomatics Engineering
Fall 2023 (August 2023)
The Lyles College of Engineering at California State University, Fresno invites applications for a full-time lecturer position within the Department of Civil and Geomatics Engineering, with a concentration in Geomatics Engineering. Candidates who demonstrate a broad background in geomatics engineering, a strong understanding of land surveying principles, and field experience are encouraged to apply.
The Department of Civil and Geomatics Engineering in the Lyles College of Engineering at California State University, Fresno seeks applicants that can:
- develop and teach hands-on labs and experiential courses in geomatics engineering using effective teaching pedagogies
- advise students;
- contribute to Department, College, and University level committee work;
- participate in community service;
- engage in student-related activities such as supervising student projects, advising student clubs, coaching teams for student competitions, etc.;
- engage in professional and scholarly activities such as continuing education and participating in related organizations, etc.;
- build and maintain strong relationships with industry partners to ensure the continued growth of geomatics engineering education at Fresno State;
- and demonstrate a commitment to teaching, student mentoring, and working effectively with faculty, staff, and students from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Our Students: California State University, Fresno is committed to serving our students with a focus on inclusion. Fresno State has been recognized as a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI); an Asian American/Native American/Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI); and has been designated to the Community Engagement Classification by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.
Required Qualifications (degrees must be from an accredited institution or foreign equivalent):
- Bachelor’s degree in Geomatics Engineering, Land Surveying, or a related field AND at least 10 years of industry experience in the United States
Master’s degree in Geomatics Engineering, Land Surveying, or a related field AND at least 5 years of industry experience in the United States; and
- A current Professional Land Surveyor’s License in any state within the United States; and
- A commitment to working effectively with faculty, staff, and students from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Master’s degree in Geomatics Engineering, Land Surveying, or a related field
- Greater than 10 years of Land Surveying experience in the United States
- Licensed as a Professional Land Surveyor in California, or the ability to become licensed as a Professional Land Surveyor in California.
- Experience in Traditional Land Surveying techniques including but not limited to land surveying technology and methods, construction surveying, drafting, legal descriptions, subdivision design, and municipal surveying
- Collegiate teaching experience
Application Procedures: To ensure full consideration, applicants should submit all application materials by the review date. The committee will continue to review applications until the position is filled. This search will automatically close on May 15, 2023. Apply online at http://careers.fresnostate.edu
Application Review Date: Monday, January 23, 2023
Attach the following:
- Cover letter specifically addressing required experience and preferred qualifications
- Curriculum vitae
- Names and contact information of three professional references.
- Diversity statement addressing your commitment to working effectively with faculty, staff, and students from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Statement of teaching pedagogy for student success
Candidates invited for an on-campus visit must submit by mail/e-mail within the designated deadline. The Search Chair will send information and requests for these items:
- Three current letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts
Note that visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
Search Chair: Dr. Scott Peterson
Department of Civil & Geomatics Engineering
Lyles College of Engineering
About Fresno State:
California State University, Fresno is an engaged University. We focus on broadening students' intellectual horizons, fostering lifelong learning skills, developing the leaders of tomorrow, promoting community involvement, and instilling an appreciation of world cultures. We nurture cultural competence by celebrating the rich diversity of the campus community and welcoming the participation of all. Members of the University community work effectively with faculty, staff, and students from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds. For information on the University's commitment and dedication to creating a university known for its integrity, civility, equity, respect, and ethical behavior, visit: http://www.fresnostate.edu/academics/diversity
The campus is ranked 36th in the nation by Washington Monthly; ranked 3rd by U.S. News & World Report in graduation rate performance for public institutions; and, ranked 41st in the nation in MONEY Magazines 50 Best Public Colleges. The campus is classified as an R2 “Doctoral Universities – High research activities” university per Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education
The Fresno State campus sits in the midst of the San Joaquin Valley, a valley rich in the traditions and representation of Native American peoples and cultures. We are grateful to be in the traditional homelands of the Yokuts and Mono peoples, whose diverse tribal communities share stewardship over this land.
Other Campus Information:
In compliance with the Annual Security Report & Fire Safety Report of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Fresno has made crime-reporting statistics available to applicants, students, and employees online at www.fresnostate.edu/police/clery/index.shtml. Print copies are available by request from the Campus Police Department.
A background check (including criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily for this position. Any offer of employment may be withdrawn, or employment may be terminated based upon the results of the background investigation.
The person holding this position is considered a "limited reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements outlined in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017, as a condition of employment. You can obtain a copy of this Executive order by accessing the following website: http://www.calstate.edu/eo/EO-1083.html.
California State University, Fresno is a smoke-free campus. For more information, please click http://fresnostate.edu/adminserv/smokefree/index.html
California State University, Fresno is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.