(Analyst/Programmer - Career)
Compensation and Benefits
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $5,400 - $6,800 per month
Full CSU Classification Salary Range: $4,678 - $11,547 per month
- This is a full-time, probationary, exempt position.
- This position will be working in-person, on campus, for a minimum of 40 hours per week.
Multiple positions may be filled from this recruitment.
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 14 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here.
The Enterprise Applications Programmer/Analyst works independently under the general supervision of the Director of Enterprise Applications and Information Systems in Technology Services Division. The Applications Programmer/Analyst is a member of a work group supporting the Student Information System (SIS) and administrative applications for California State University, Fresno. This position provides direct technical support to campus usage of the PeopleSoft Student Systems, My Fresno State Portal and system interfaces between these applications and other Enterprise Application tools with a degree of autonomy, ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness. The scope of duties includes deriving users’ needs, preparing various statistical and user reports using query and programming tools, program development based on user specifications, testing and QA of application code and creating full user, developer, and system documentation.
- Excellent analytical, communication and writing skills.
- Ability to perform business and systems analysis to assess user needs and communicate/document technical solutions to business customers.
- Ability to design appropriate solutions, employ programming tools and see projects through completion with little supervision.
- Working knowledge of administrative systems development and workflow processes.
- Strong customer service and can-do attitude with enthusiasm for working in a collaborative team-oriented environment.
- Strong ability to perform interactive debugging to test and analyze program failures.
- Creative problem solving and strategic thinking skills to improve processes and solve complex problems.
- Strong understanding of best practice coding techniques and testing skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, debugging techniques and root cause analysis skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities, take initiative, and work well under pressure.
- Must be flexible and able to work independently or in a team environment.
- Capable of maintaining effective working relationships with others.
- Desire and willingness to learn and implement new technologies.
To view the full list of qualifications and job responsibilities, please click the Position Description button above.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or related discipline. Qualifying experience may be substituted for required education.
- Two or more years of work experience writing SQL, preferably Oracle SQL.
- Two or more years of Student Information System (SIS) system software development experience, preferably utilizing PeopleSoft.
- Relevant or recent experience that demonstrates competence in systems analysis and applications programming for relational database systems.
- Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in higher education or public service agency.
- Experience with a modern or hybrid (Agile/Waterfall) application development framework.
- Experience managing projects and coordinating with various teams.
- Experience with Oracle Relational Database Systems.
- Experience utilizing PeopleSoft Applications Designer and SQR programing.
- Experience programming Web Service integrations in PeopleSoft.
- Experience implementing PeopleSoft fluid navigation (setups and coding).
- Experience programming PeopleSoft Fluid pages and navigations.
Technology Services will be a leader in providing effective technology and quality services and support that are integrated into the daily activities of the university community, advance teaching and learning, enhance productivity and safeguard information.
Deadline & Application Instructions
Applications received by April 2, 2023 will be given full consideration by the search committee.
- Applications received after that date will be forwarded at the request of the Hiring Manager and/or search committee.
Please click “Apply Now” to complete the employment application for California State University, Fresno. Interested applicants must complete the application and attach the following: 1) their most recent resumé/vitae, 2) a cover letter that addresses their specific qualifications and interest, and 3) contact information for three professional references.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to boldly educate and empower students for success through our values of Discovery, Diversity and Distinction. The current student population is more than 25,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and across the globe.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 527,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley. The campus is within driving distance of Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, San Francisco, Los Angeles, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Orders 1096 and 1097 prohibit discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Fresno State's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring, and retention. We are proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Vaccination Interim Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with California State University, Fresno. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that Fresno State has identified as sensitive.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" under the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This will require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within six (6) months of assuming office and every two (2) years thereafter.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
Fresno State is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions. (e.g. H1-B Visas)