(Network Analyst - Career)
Compensation and Benefits
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $5,400 - $5,800 per month
Full CSU Classification Salary Range: $4,678 - $11,547 per month
- This is a full-time, probationary, exempt position.
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 15 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here.
Under the general direction of an appropriate administrator or the guidance of another recommended Information Technology (IT) professional, the Network Analyst is primarily responsible at varying levels for the architecture, design, installation, ongoing analysis, administration, and/or control of the voice, data and video networks serving the campus and any distance learning facilities. Work includes designing, engineering, programming, monitoring, and maintenance of the wide area, local (wired and wireless), closed circuit and voice networks to meet campus requirements. Incumbents at this level work relatively independently and possess the experience to be fully proficient in performing most or all of the work assignments defined for their position. Typically, incumbents have acquired the requisite skills and knowledge through a combination of education, training, and progressive work experience to be able to demonstrate competence in independently applying technical judgment to standard and nonstandard applications and systems, solving a wide range of problems, and developing practicable and thorough solutions, and using effective communication and listening skills.
- Knowledge of:
- Campus network standards for hardware and operating systems such as Alcatel Lucent, Aruba Wireless, Infoblox and F5 Load Balancers.
- Computer operating systems, network functions, or telecommunication switching systems.
- Monitoring and reporting applications such as StatSeeker and What’s Up Gold.
- Network architecture, configuration, protocols, and interconnectivity requirements for internal/external information transmission.
- Network traffic and performance parameters to interpret variance and service impact to users.
- Ability to:
- Use engineering techniques in the design of network and transmission systems.
- Interpret data on system usage and develop engineering specifications to support changing service levels.
- Maintain vendor relationships to ensure responsiveness and quality.
- Resolve impaired service conflicts.
- Determine the most cost-effective structure and design for networks.
- Translate user-defined requirements into networking specifications and features.
- Appropriately maintain confidentiality of data files, data elements, and personal information.
To view the full list of qualifications and job responsibilities, please click the Position Description button above.
Education and Experience
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, industrial technology, telecommunications or a related technical field, or equivalent training and experience.
- 3-5 years of directly related professional work experience to demonstrate the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Specialized Skills:
- Cisco Certification.
- Knowledge and understanding of current network security standards and best practices.
- Knowledge of video over IP, streaming video, and broadcast standards.
- A+ Computer Training.
- Preferred Skills:
- Specialized vendor training or licensing to meet a specified departmental need.
- Ability to interface campus defined operating systems with software and other systems such as collaboration, web, and directory services software.
- Ability to identify and implement critical maintenance fixes and isolate and correct malfunctions.
- Knowledge of data communication network architecture, configuration, protocols, and interfaces.
- Knowledge of system management and security procedures including scripting languages and authentication services.
Technology Services is dedicated to providing a broad range of technology-based planning, resources and services to the students, faculty and staff of California State University, Fresno.
Deadline & Application Instructions
This position will remain open until filled.
Please click “Apply Now” to complete the employment application for California State University, Fresno. Interested applicants must complete the application and attach the following: 1) their most recent resumé/vitae, 2) a cover letter that addresses their specific qualifications and interest, and 3) contact information for three professional references.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to boldly educate and empower students for success through our values of Discovery, Diversity and Distinction. The current student population is more than 25,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and across the globe.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 527,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley. The campus is within driving distance of Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, San Francisco, Los Angeles, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Orders 1096 and 1097 prohibit discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Fresno State's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring, and retention. We are proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Vaccination Interim Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with California State University, Fresno. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that Fresno State has identified as sensitive.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" under the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This will require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within six (6) months of assuming office and every two (2) years thereafter.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
Fresno State is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions. (e.g. H1-B Visas)