(Information Technology Consultant - Foundation)
Compensation and Benefits
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $4,000 - $4,500 per month
Full CSU Classification Salary Range: $3,713 - $7,149 per month
- This is a full-time (equivalent to 40 hours per week), probationary, non-exempt position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this recruitment.
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 15 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here.
Each ITC – Foundation (ITCF) position works closely with ITC Liaisons (ITL) and provides tier 1 & 2 support to faculty, staff and students of a college, school, division, and Technology Services. The ITCF assists the ITL in on-site support and responds to the end-user IT service needs of employees in the college, school, or division they are assigned to support. The ITCF works in conjunction with the Technology Services Service Desk, and second level support teams to meet these needs in the most effective manner. The ITCF works under the general direction of the Manager of Technology Support Services, may also receive direction from a Lead IT Liaison. The ITCF shall work directly with the ITL to gain the knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience needed to be fully proficient in performing most or all of the duties in the area they are assigned.
ITCF provides first contact resolution, on-site support, and works with the response of central IT resources and ITL to meet the IT needs of colleges, schools, and divisions assigned to. These staff serve as technical support to the faculty and staff on software and hardware relevant to the specific mission of the organizations they serve. ITCF seeks to deliver IT services in a manner aligned with the priorities and practices of the colleges, schools, and divisions they serve, with best practice defined by Technology Services, and with the Technology strategic plan and campus strategic plan.
ITCFs work both as members of a team supporting the colleges, schools, and divisions, and perform work identified and outlined by their ITL. They participate with colleagues in the definition of best practices and use centrally-provide tools and procedures to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of IT service delivery.
The employee shall allocate priority and time to the duties defined below based upon direction from their lead or manager to whom this employee reports. The ITL will communicate these priorities and time allocation daily, weekly, or monthly – whatever is deemed appropriate by the ITL.
- Knowledge of:
- Service management tools for tracking Incidents, Service Requests, Problems, and Changes.
- Applications: campus standard applications.
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 10 and later versions including Active Directory, Apple Macintosh OS 10.x and later versions.
- Hardware: Intel PC systems, Apple Macintosh systems.
- Connectivity and network administration for fixed-wire, broadband and wireless connections.
- Copyright laws and industry standards.
- Strong customer service skills and proactive, customer focused attitude.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), particularly telephone and email skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills with ability to engage with different levels.
- Proficiency in using standard campus applications, desktops, and laptops.
- Coordination and implementation of data exchanges and conversions.
- Ability to:
- Independently apply technical judgment to both standard and non-standard applications and systems, integrate multiple applications to match user and business process needs, and use systems to provide solutions to a wide range of common business problems.
- Provide strong fault isolation and problem solving.
- Initiate and manage multiple tasks and projects under competing deadlines and maintain flexibility in response to constantly shifting priorities.
To view the full list of qualifications and job responsibilities, please click the Position Description button above.
Education and Experience
- 1 year experience in customer support environment supporting technical services.
- Associate degree in computer science, information systems, educational technology, communications, or related fields, or equivalent combination of education and specialized experience in an appropriate field of work.
- Preferred Skills:
- 3 years’ experience in a customer support environment supporting technical services for a large organization.
- Experience within higher education with an IT focus.
- ITIL Foundation Certification desirable or relevant experience in ITIL environment.
- Knowledge of:
- Systems design and technology integration techniques.
- Data administration principles and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to apply consulting skills to assess user needs and provide appropriate solutions in cooperation with colleagues to resolve user problems and meet discipline specific needs.
- Support multimedia/video productions.
- Support Database administration for mySQL, SQL Server and/or Oracle.
- Support System, database, and network maintenance (wired and wireless).
- Support for software applications.
Technology Services is dedicated to providing a broad range of technology-based planning, resources and services to the students, faculty and staff of California State University, Fresno.
Deadline & Application Instructions
This position is open until filled.
Please click “Apply Now” to complete the employment application for California State University, Fresno. Interested applicants must complete the application and attach the following: 1) their most recent resumé/vitae, 2) a cover letter that addresses their specific qualifications and interest, and 3) contact information for three professional references.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to boldly educate and empower students for success through our values of Discovery, Diversity and Distinction. The current student population is more than 25,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and across the globe.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 527,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley. The campus is within driving distance of Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, San Francisco, Los Angeles, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Orders 1096 and 1097 prohibit discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Fresno State's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring, and retention. We are proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
COVID19 Vaccination Policy
Per the CSU COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, it is strongly recommended that all employees who are accessing office and campus facilities follow COVID-19 vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications. Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with California State University, Fresno. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that Fresno State has identified as sensitive.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" under the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This will require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within six (6) months of assuming office and every two (2) years thereafter.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
Fresno State is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions. (e.g. H1-B Visas)