Campus Applications Developer/Integration Specialist
(Analyst/Programmer - Career)
Compensation and Benefits
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $6,250 - $7,084 per month
Full CSU Classification Salary Range: $4,678 - $11,547 per month
- This is a full-time, probationary, exempt position.
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 15 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here.
Under the general direction of the Director of Digital Transformation, the Campus Applications Developer/Integration Specialist is a member of the Digital Transformation team supporting the campus’ academic and administrative application services and enterprise integration infrastructure. The analyst/programmer is responsible for campus application FE/BE development, maintenance, integration, and database development with common programming methodology in support of various campus business requirements. The incumbent is expected to serve as a programmer analyst and application administrator primarily focused on the University’s business process and workflow platforms, such as, Hyland OnBase digital imaging and content management system, Kuali Build, Adobe Sign and related systems and integrations. Occasionally will present written/oral reports to committees and administrators. This position may be assigned a variety of other tasks including documentation, application configuration, quality assurance testing, and conducting research to resolve complex computing problems.
- Understanding of business and technical workflows.
- Good understanding of relational databases and NoSQL databases.
- Designing and building application integrations with programming in PowerShell and C#.
- Knowledge in web programming, database design, SQL, data integration, as well as experience with scripting languages:
- JSON, XML, CSV, and other flat file integrations.
- Knowledge of web technologies including HTTP, web security, authentication/authorization protocols.
- Ability to:
- Document solutions, software requirements.
- Maintain consistent communication with management of project schedules.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in wring, and conduct presentations and training.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
To view the full list of qualifications and job responsibilities, please click the Position Description button above.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college. Qualifying experience may be substituted for required education on a year-for-year basis.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in the following: a database structured query language, a high-level programming language, user support.
- Experience collecting user requirements, performing systems analysis, designing an appropriate solution, and estimating time and resources required to complete.
- Experience with Agile methodology.
- Experience with higher education institutions.
- Specialized Skills:
- Knowledge and experience in using configurable integration tools, e.g. Boomi, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in Forms/Workflow development, e.g. OnBase, Kuali Build, etc.
- Preferred Skills:
- Experience with Hyland OnBase including OCR and workflows.
- Knowledge and experience in OnBase application administration.
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Design and Programming techniques.
- Being comfortable discussing design and technical issues with Technical Staff and Campus clients.
- Professional, logical, and highly motivated approach to work problems.
- Customer satisfaction oriented.
- Ability to:
- Thrive in a multi-tasking environment.
- Develop with strict regard to accessibility.
Technology Services provides administrative information services, core services, and desktop support to the Fresno State community. Our department consists of a well-trained team of individuals dedicated to providing effective technology and quality services and support that are integrated into the daily activities of the entire campus.
Deadline & Application Instructions
Applications received by October 31, 2023 will be given full consideration by the search committee.
- Applications received after that date will be forwarded at the request of the Hiring Manager and/or search committee.
Please click “Apply Now” to complete the employment application for California State University, Fresno. Interested applicants must complete the application and attach the following: 1) their most recent resumé/vitae, 2) a cover letter that addresses their specific qualifications and interest, and 3) contact information for three professional references.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to boldly educate and empower students for success through our values of Discovery, Diversity and Distinction. The current student population is more than 25,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and across the globe.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 527,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley. The campus is within driving distance of Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, San Francisco, Los Angeles, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Orders 1096 and 1097 prohibit discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Fresno State's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring, and retention. We are proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
COVID19 Vaccination Policy
Per the CSU COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, it is strongly recommended that all employees who are accessing office and campus facilities follow COVID-19 vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications. Questions may be sent to email@example.com.
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with California State University, Fresno. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that Fresno State has identified as sensitive.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" under the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This will require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within six (6) months of assuming office and every two (2) years thereafter.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
Fresno State is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions. (e.g. H1-B Visas)