Student Accounts Lead
(Administrative Analyst/Specialist - Exempt II)
Compensation and Benefits
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $5,022 - $5,834 per month
Full CSU Classification Salary Range: $5,022 - $9,083 per month
- This is a full-time, probationary, exempt position.
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 15 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here.
Under general direction of the Assistant Controller, the Student Financial Services Lead is responsible for administration of daily cashier, campus ID cards, and student accounts operations, including student payments, receipt and processing of departmental deposits, financial aid payments and refund processing, accounts receivable, collections, and technical systems. The position examines transactions and processes for conformance to established policies and procedures, identifies actual or potential problems, and recommends corrective action. The position monitors daily transactions and processes for cashiers and back- office staff, and provides troubleshooting support, training, and coaching to ensure a high-level of service is maintained for students and campus community partners. The incumbent will be well-versed in all front and back-office roles and duties, with the ability to provide backup support as needed. The position will support the Director in general work oversight, advisement, training, and coaching of front and back-office staff as necessary. Provides overflow support for technical projects and initiatives. Other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of and the ability to apply related executive orders, rules and regulations to develop conclusions and make recommendations.
- Working knowledge of operational and fiscal analysis and techniques.
- Knowledge of basic methods and procedures for research and statistical analysis and the ability to apply them.
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, punctuation and spelling to clearly communicate.
- General knowledge of the principles of lead work direction including organizing workflow, establishing priorities, reviewing work and promoting teamwork.
- Thorough knowledge of office equipment and systems with the ability to use a broad range of technology systems and software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite, Google apps, internet and email).
- Ability to take initiative and plan, organize, coordinate, and perform work in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are involved.
- Ability to perform a variety of administrative, technical and analytical duties of limited to moderate complexity and/or day-to-day administration of a program within an organizational unit.
- Ability to complete projects and tasks in collaboration with immediate organizational unit and coordinate projects within or with other units.
- Ability to apply independent judgment to make decisions, interpret, and apply a wide range of policies and procedures related to program to ensure standard procedures and practices are followed.
- Ability to research, analyze and provide recommendations for a wide range of administrative problems related to day-to-day work unit and program operations and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to collect, analyze and interpret data to develop sound conclusions, make appropriate recommendations and make accurate projections using business mathematics and basic statistical techniques.
- Ability to independently plan and perform research, compile data, and prepare and present reports or information with reliable conclusions and recommendations for actions.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within and outside the work group and serve as a liaison for the organizational unit.
- Ability to use office equipment and administrative software including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and professional attitude to work collaboratively and effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student population.
- Demonstrated ability to deal appropriately with confidential information and exercise good judgment on sensitive matters.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and conduct presentations and training.
To view the full list of qualifications and job responsibilities, please click the Position Description button above.
Education and Experience
- Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, or related field, and four years of administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
- Progressively responsible record-keeping experience.
- At least four years of experience with a student information system (preferably PeopleSoft)
- At least four years of student accounts experience at a higher education institution.
- At least two years of lead or supervisory experience.
- Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Several years of functional experience in a Student Financial office at a university using a software package such as PeopleSoft.
- Demonstrated technical experience with various report writing tools and table structures in the various modules to perform complex joins.
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain web-based applications and databases.
- Ability to consult with professional and technical staff to analyze and develop system specifications.
- Ability to adjust to changes in technology and work environment.
- Ability to articulate technical issues and solutions to a diverse population of end-users including faculty, staff, and students.
- Ability to apply consultative skills to assess user needs and communicate technology systems and solutions.
Accounting Services is dedicated to facilitating the primary mission of the University by seeking the most cost-effective methods of delivering services while continuing to implement improvement of services to students, employees and all other customers.
Deadline & Application Instructions
Applications received by November 26, 2023 will be given full consideration by the search committee.
- Applications received after that date will be forwarded at the request of the Hiring Manager and/or search committee.
Please click “Apply Now” to complete the employment application for California State University, Fresno. Interested applicants must complete the application and attach the following: 1) their most recent resumé/vitae, 2) a cover letter that addresses their specific qualifications and interest, and 3) contact information for three professional references.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to boldly educate and empower students for success through our values of Discovery, Diversity and Distinction. The current student population is more than 25,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and across the globe.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 527,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley. The campus is within driving distance of Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, San Francisco, Los Angeles, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Orders 1096 and 1097 prohibit discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Fresno State's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring, and retention. We are proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
COVID19 Vaccination Policy
Per the CSU COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, it is strongly recommended that all employees who are accessing office and campus facilities follow COVID-19 vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications. Questions may be sent to email@example.com.
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with California State University, Fresno. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that Fresno State has identified as sensitive.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" under the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This will require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within six (6) months of assuming office and every two (2) years thereafter.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
Fresno State is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions. (e.g. H1-B Visas)