Department Administrative Assistant - Social Work Education
(Administrative Support Assistant II)
Compensation and Benefits
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $3,338 - $3,505 per month
Full CSU Classification Salary Range: $3,338 - $4,913 per month
- This is a full-time (equivalent to 40 hours per week), probationary, non-exempt position.
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 15 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here.
The incumbent, under the general supervision of the Department Chair, provides moderately complex clerical support to the department’s field coordinator, assistant field coordinator, and department faculty. The position has direct contact with faculty, students, potential students, parents, and other campus staff, agency representatives, and members of the community.
- Thorough knowledge of office methods, procedures, and standard practices, including principles of customer service.
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation, including interpersonal skills ability to conduct oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Word, Microsoft Excel, Email, the Internet, and database software.
- Skill/Ability to:
- Excellent customer service skills as duties often involve front line contacts with a variety of campus and community individuals requiring active problem solving and creative solutions.
- Ability to learn, interpret independently, and apply a variety of complex policies and procedures.
- Able to identify deviations from applicable policies.
- Ability to apply independent judgment, discretion, and initiative to address problems and develop practical, thorough and, at times, creative solutions.
- Ability to perform standard arithmetic functions of a transactional nature, including tracking and comparing data with minimal errors.
- Demonstrated competence in effectively presenting standard information orally and in writing.
- Understand, interpret, and communicate procedures, policies, information, ideas, and instructions.
- Effectively organize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
- Learn latest technology webpage construction and maintenance. Engage in technology training, support, and development to support departmental needs.
- Interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively with faculty, students, and staff from diverse ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Ability to draft and compose correspondence, spreadsheets, and forms.
- Ability to gather, compile and maintain data and information for various purposes using office support technology and software programs.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information in compliance with departmental regulations.
To view the full list of qualifications and job responsibilities, please click the Position Description button above.
Education and Experience
- Completion of high school program or its equivalent.
- A minimum of two years of recent progressively responsible clerical experience.
- Preferred Skills:
- Experience working with PeopleSoft.
- Experience working in a university setting.
Our mission it to prepare our students for service and leadership in the Central Valley and globally in order to dismantle systemic oppression through relationship building, dialogue, advocacy, and empowered collective action.
Deadline & Application Instructions
This position is open until filled with the initial review date of November 26, 2023.
- Applications received after that date will be forwarded at the request of the Hiring Manager and/or search committee.
Please click “Apply Now” to complete the employment application for California State University, Fresno. Interested applicants must complete the application and attach the following: 1) their most recent resumé/vitae, 2) a cover letter that addresses their specific qualifications and interest, and 3) contact information for three professional references.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to boldly educate and empower students for success through our values of Discovery, Diversity and Distinction. The current student population is more than 25,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and across the globe.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 527,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley. The campus is within driving distance of Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, San Francisco, Los Angeles, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Orders 1096 and 1097 prohibit discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Fresno State's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring, and retention. We are proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
COVID19 Vaccination Policy
Per the CSU COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, it is strongly recommended that all employees who are accessing office and campus facilities follow COVID-19 vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications. Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with California State University, Fresno. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that Fresno State has identified as sensitive.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" under the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This will require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within six (6) months of assuming office and every two (2) years thereafter.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
Fresno State is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions. (e.g. H1-B Visas)