(Administrative Analyst/Specialist - Exempt I)
Compensation and Benefits
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $4,170 - $4,800 per month
Full CSU Classification Salary Range: $4,170 - $7,545 per month
- This is a full-time, probationary, exempt position.
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 15 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here.
This position assists the Dean to ensure that the College and each of its departments and associated units meet University and College requirements and deadlines accurately and promptly. This position requires considerable discretion and judgment in order to effectively coordinate and support all functions related to delivery of academic programs.
Working independently under the general supervision of the Dean, this position provides State and Foundation financial planning, budget analysis and accountability for the College of Health and Human Services (CHHS) and supports the mission of the College by assisting in a variety of analytical, logistical, and technical assignments.
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of fiscal analysis and budgeting techniques.
- Knowledge of computer office systems and ability to use a broad range of technology, systems, and software packages (Microsoft Office Suite, Google applications, financial systems).
- Skill/Ability to:
- Skill in research, development and evaluation of policies and programs, including skill in the collection, evaluation, and interpretation of data to develop sound conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
- Monitor and maintain a large financial budget including collecting data, performing preliminary analyses and making appropriate recommendations.
- Communicate clearly and present complex budget information in a clear, concise and professional manner.
- Be detail oriented in preparation of reports for review by managers and executives.
- Prepare statements, reports, trial balances and data for review regarding program service delivery and activities in meeting programmatic goals and enhancing processes.
- Review documents for accuracy, completeness, validity, and adherence to standards.
- Read, explain and apply university policies and regulations to students, faculty/staff, external agencies and the public.
- Compose detailed reports and correspondence of a technical nature regarding financial matters.
- Prioritize and organize tasks and projects including handling multiple priorities.
- Interpersonal, and communication skills, including ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Take initiative and independently plan, organize, coordinate and perform work in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are involved.
- Analyze data and make accurate projections using business mathematics and basic statistical techniques.
- Effectively interpret, organize, and present information and ideas in written or presentation form.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within and outside the work group and serve as a liaison for the organizational unit.
- Train others on new skills and procedures and provide lead work direction.
To view the full list of qualifications and job responsibilities, please click the Position Description button above.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university, and/or equivalent training and work experience involving budget and financial transaction management and analysis.
- Two years of professional experience in analyzing, monitoring, or preparing budgets or similar relevant experience.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Fresno State and Fresno State Foundation accounting and budget processes.
- Knowledge of Peoplesoft, CFS financial systems and Datawarehouse.
- Knowledge of Fresno State and Fresno State Foundation policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Fresno State Foundation grant and contract policies and procedures.
Our mission is to provide a professionally oriented education at the undergraduate level and to provide graduate programs in specialized disciplines that serve the needs of students - as well as foster the emerging needs of residents and health and human service providers in the Central California region.
Deadline & Application Instructions
This position is open until filled with an initial review date of November 16, 2023.
- Applications received after that date will be forwarded at the request of the Hiring Manager and/or search committee.
Please click “Apply Now” to complete the employment application for California State University, Fresno. Interested applicants must complete the application and attach the following: 1) their most recent resumé/vitae, 2) a cover letter that addresses their specific qualifications and interest, and 3) contact information for three professional references.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to boldly educate and empower students for success through our values of Discovery, Diversity and Distinction. The current student population is more than 25,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and across the globe.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 527,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley. The campus is within driving distance of Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, San Francisco, Los Angeles, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Orders 1096 and 1097 prohibit discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Fresno State's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring, and retention. We are proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
COVID19 Vaccination Policy
Per the CSU COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, it is strongly recommended that all employees who are accessing office and campus facilities follow COVID-19 vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications. Questions may be sent to email@example.com.
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with California State University, Fresno. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that Fresno State has identified as sensitive.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" under the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This will require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within six (6) months of assuming office and every two (2) years thereafter.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
Fresno State is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions. (e.g. H1-B Visas)