(Student Services Professional II)
Compensation and Benefits
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $4610 - $4,750 per month
Full CSU Classification Salary Range: $4,610 - $6,556 per month
- This is a full-time, probationary, exempt position.
- Area of consideration is limited to on-campus, state funded employees only.
- Positions at Fresno State are to perform their work onsite. Some positions, depending upon University needs and operations, may be eligible for remote work, one day per week, pursuant to Fresno State's remote work guidelines and the CSU policy.
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 15 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here.
The position is assigned a caseload of degree files and works in a high production unit. Incumbents exercise knowledge of program practices and procedures, methods and problems of organizational and program management, and utilize research and interview techniques to analyze problems and recommend solutions.
- Organize and plan work and projects including handling multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Compile, write, and prepare reports and data related to work assignments.
- Represent the unit and the university in a professional manner and serve as a liaison for the unit to academic programs and other departments.
- Learn, interpret, and apply a wide variety of complex policies and procedures relating to evaluations of records, advising practices and degree requirements and policies of the NCAA.
- Develop creative solutions for students utilizing knowledge of campus academic, departmental, and student affairs practices and procedures.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing and make effective oral presentations.
- Abide with university, state, and federal policy regarding confidentiality of student records.
To view the full list of qualifications and job responsibilities, please click the Position Description button above.
Education and Experience
- Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university in one of the behavioral sciences, public or business administration or a job-related field. Additional specialized experience during which the applicant has acquired and successfully applied the knowledge and abilities shown above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
- Two years of professional experience in one of the student services program areas or in a related field. A master's degree in a job-related field may be substituted for one year of the professional experience.
The Undergraduate Degree Evaluations Office provides services to students to determine completion of degree requirements, advises and assists students with academic planning, transferability of courses, and provides support and training to academic departments and offices.
Deadline & Application Instructions
Applications received by November 28, 2023 will be given full consideration by the search committee.
- Applications received after that date will be forwarded at the request of the Hiring Manager and/or search committee.
Please click “Apply Now” to complete the employment application for California State University, Fresno. Interested applicants must complete the application and attach the following: 1) their most recent resumé/vitae, 2) a cover letter that addresses their specific qualifications and interest, and 3) contact information for three professional references.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to boldly educate and empower students for success through our values of Discovery, Diversity and Distinction. The current student population is more than 25,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and across the globe.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 527,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley. The campus is within driving distance of Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, San Francisco, Los Angeles, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Orders 1096 and 1097 prohibit discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Fresno State's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring, and retention. We are proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
COVID19 Vaccination Policy
Per the CSU COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, it is strongly recommended that all employees who are accessing office and campus facilities follow COVID-19 vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications. Questions may be sent to email@example.com.
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with California State University, Fresno. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that Fresno State has identified as sensitive.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" under the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This will require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within six (6) months of assuming office and every two (2) years thereafter.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
Fresno State is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions. (e.g. H1-B Visas)