(Administrative Analyst/Specialist - Non-Exempt)
Compensation and Benefits
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $3,518 - $3865 per month
Full CSU Classification Salary Range: $3,518 - $6,791 per month
- This is a full-time (equivalent to 40 hours per week), probationary, non-exempt position.
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 15 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here.
Under general direction, this position provides high level executive and administrative support for the Vice President for Administration and Chief Financial Officer (VPA/CFO) and performs a variety of complex and general administrative support functions for the Office of the VPA/CFO. This position also provides support to the Assistant Vice President for Financial Services to track system-wide compliance audits and ensure submission of supporting documentation as required. The position also provides support to the Director of Administrative Operations. Due to the nature of issues/activities handled in the office, the incumbent must use considerable judgment and discretion in handling complex and confidential issues. This position performs work independently and under general direction.
- Working knowledge of budget, accounting, and procurement procedures.
- Advanced Expertise in using office systems and ability to use a broad range of software including Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom, Google applications, Excel, PowerPoint, Website, and database software.
- Skills/Ability to:
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and independently plan, organize, and coordinate multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions, shifting priorities, and critical deadlines while consistently providing quality customer service.
- Possess excellent customer service skills.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Experience with a business office environment including professional office tools, methods, protocols, and procedures to troubleshoot most office administration problems and respond to all inquiries and requests related to the work area.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and make accurate projections using standard business math and statistical techniques.
- Create and maintain program records and provide data for review in developing and implementing strategies and activities.
- Detail oriented, organized, and self-directed.
- Create, organize, and maintain accurate technical, complex, sensitive and/or confidential records and files.
- Demonstrated ability to use reasoning, critical thinking, and judgment to develop practical, thorough, and creative solutions.
- Ability to interpret, clearly communicate and apply a wide variety of policies and procedures independently and use judgment to act where specific guidelines may not exist.
- Demonstrated ability to produce accurate results and work in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to deal appropriately with confidential information and exercise good judgment on sensitive matters.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and collaborate with others including staff, students, faculty, and administrators to promote a positive, service oriented collegial work environment.
- Serve as a resource to students, staff, and the community in responding to inquiries and providing detailed information.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated commitment to serving a diverse population with cultural competence, sensitivity and diplomacy and tact.
To view the full list of qualifications and job responsibilities, please click the Position Description button above.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
- Three years of progressively responsible administrative experience.
- Preferred Skills:
- Experience extracting and analyzing data.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Experience working with audits.
- Experience providing administrative support to those in Executive Level Roles.
The Division of Administration and Finance is a diverse, collaborative team that provides responsive and exemplary services and stewardship of university assets and resources.
Deadline & Application Instructions
Applications received by January 15, 2024 will be given full consideration by the search committee.
- Applications received after that date will be forwarded at the request of the Hiring Manager and/or search committee.
Please click “Apply Now” to complete the employment application for California State University, Fresno. Interested applicants must complete the application and attach the following: 1) their most recent resumé/vitae, 2) a cover letter that addresses their specific qualifications and interest, and 3) contact information for three professional references.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to boldly educate and empower students for success through our values of Discovery, Diversity and Distinction. The current student population is more than 25,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and across the globe.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 527,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley. The campus is within driving distance of Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, San Francisco, Los Angeles, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Orders 1096 and 1097 prohibit discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Fresno State's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring, and retention. We are proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
COVID19 Vaccination Policy
Per the CSU COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, it is strongly recommended that all employees who are accessing office and campus facilities follow COVID-19 vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications. Questions may be sent to email@example.com.
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with California State University, Fresno. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that Fresno State has identified as sensitive.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" under the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This will require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within six (6) months of assuming office and every two (2) years thereafter.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
Fresno State is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions. (e.g. H1-B Visas)