Division Administrative Analyst
(Administrative Analyst/Specialist - Exempt I)
Compensation and Benefits
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $4,170 - $4,583 per month
Full CSU Classification Salary Range: $4,170 - $7,545 per month
- This is a full-time, probationary, exempt position.
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 15 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here.
Working independently under the general supervision of the Vice President for IT & CIO in the Technology Services Division, the incumbent will provide administrative support to meet the mission of the division by performing a wide range of specialized high-level administrative functions. Assignments include independently: coordinating tasks requiring timely and accurate planning, organizing, prioritizing, interpreting and decision making and discretion skills; as well as applying, interpreting, and abiding by university and division level policies, procedures, and guidelines. Responsibilities include but not limited to providing advanced technical and administrative support to the Technology Services Division and management team; managing division meetings and events; monitoring and reviewing absence management entries, payroll, travel, drafting and editing correspondence, event documents and reports; providing assistance with staff personnel transactions, and secretarial service for department staff committees/groups. The incumbent will also interface and effectively communicate with a diverse group of people; provide advisory service; and serve as custodian of all resource information/files for unit activities; and maintain an open and effective work environment and rapport as a key information resource. The incumbent will provide administrative support with employment transactions, including coordinating recruitments and interviews with potential candidates.
- Working knowledge of fiscal analysis, as well as budget and purchasing policies and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of office systems and the ability to use a broader range of technology, systems, and packages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills working with technical and non-technical audiences throughout various levels of an organization from individual contributors to executive leadership.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to:
- Prioritize and organize tasks and projects including handling multiple priorities.
- Maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Create a plan of action to achieve work assignments requiring months of advanced planning and preparation.
- Compose text for correspondence, reports and minutes.
- Take initiative and independently plan, organize, coordinate, and perform work in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are involved.
- Make independent decisions and exercise sound judgment and discretion.
- Analyze problems with a broad administrative impact and implications.
To view the full list of qualifications and job responsibilities, please click the Position Description button above.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
- Four years of equivalent training and closely related administrative level assignments.
- Preferred Skills:
- Advanced PC utilization of MS Excel, and Word; proficient user of business-related email and calendaring.
- Coordination of events and compose text for event programs.
- Understanding and applicable knowledge of a university organization and operations.
- Proficiency with online and cloud-based collaboration tools.
- A history of regular attendance and positive performance evaluations.
Technology Services will be a leader in providing effective technology and quality services and support that are integrated into the daily activities of the university community, advance teaching and learning, enhance productivity and safeguard information.
Deadline & Application Instructions
Applications received by January 2, 2024 will be given full consideration by the search committee.
- Applications received after that date will be forwarded at the request of the Hiring Manager and/or search committee.
Please click “Apply Now” to complete the employment application for California State University, Fresno. Interested applicants must complete the application and attach the following: 1) their most recent resumé/vitae, 2) a cover letter that addresses their specific qualifications and interest, and 3) contact information for three professional references.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to boldly educate and empower students for success through our values of Discovery, Diversity and Distinction. The current student population is more than 25,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and across the globe.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 527,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley. The campus is within driving distance of Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, San Francisco, Los Angeles, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Orders 1096 and 1097 prohibit discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Fresno State's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring, and retention. We are proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
COVID19 Vaccination Policy
Per the CSU COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, it is strongly recommended that all employees who are accessing office and campus facilities follow COVID-19 vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications. Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with California State University, Fresno. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that Fresno State has identified as sensitive.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" under the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This will require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within six (6) months of assuming office and every two (2) years thereafter.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
Fresno State is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions. (e.g. H1-B Visas)