(Student Services Professional I-B)
Compensation and Benefits
Anticipated Hiring Salary: $4,066 per month
Full CSU Classification Salary Range: $4,066 - $5,752 per month
- This is a full-time (equivalent to 40 hours per week), probationary, non-exempt position.
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 14 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here.
The Admissions and Recruitment Office supports the university's enrollment goals by boldly recruiting and admitting diverse students through equitable partnerships, innovative programs, high-quality services, and providing opportunities for lifelong success.
The Admissions Specialist participates in the implementation of the university's admissions program. The incumbent is responsible for reviewing and evaluating documents for admission and making final admission decisions for an assigned caseload of files. The incumbent works independently and informs students regarding admission requirements for undergraduate admission and recommends paths toward admission. Processing of admissions applications is conducted in accordance with CSU admission policies and Title 5 of the State of California Code of Regulations.
- Knowledge of the policies and procedures related to admission and transfer credit practices in higher education.
- Thorough knowledge of correct English grammar, spelling and punctuation, and ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team and contribute to a collegial environment.
- Proficiency with office automation technology and spreadsheet software including Microsoft Word, Excel, and web-based applications.
- Ability to:
- Advise students about admission requirements or other academic records policies.
- Learn and interpret a wide variety of complex policies and procedures related to first-time freshman and transfer admission practices including policies governing the admission of student athletes.
- Handle inquiries from the public that involve researching status of documents in a complex workflow environment.
- Work in a team environment and collaborate with coworkers to achieve goals of the department.
- Organize and plan routine work assignments and projects including handling multiple priorities.
- Work with students, faculty, staff and the general public from diverse ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Understand and abide with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and state of California policy regarding the confidentiality of records.
To view the full list of qualifications and job responsibilities, please click the Position Description button above.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the behavioral sciences or job-related field.
- One year of professional experience in a student service program or in a related field providing counseling and advising service; experience should give evidence of competence and indicates the potential for further growth.
- A Master’s degree in a job-related field may be substituted for one year of professional experience.
- Preferred Skills:
- Familiar with student services and academic programs.
- Experience in the use of PeopleSoft Student Administration System.
- Experience in the use of Bulldog Connect.
- Experience evaluating transcripts and computation of GPAs.
- Knowledge of transfer policies & procedures, and admission requirements.
Every member of our admissions team, from our director to each campus tour guide, is excited to welcome you to our Bulldog Family. Our dedicated professionals will help guide you through the admissions process.
Deadline & Application Instructions
Applications received by December 14, 2022 will be given full consideration by the search committee.
- Applications received after that date will be forwarded at the request of the Hiring Manager and/or search committee.
Please click “Apply Now” to complete the employment application for California State University, Fresno. Interested applicants must complete the application and attach the following: 1) their most recent resumé/vitae, 2) a cover letter that addresses their specific qualifications and interest, and 3) contact information for three professional references.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to boldly educate and empower students for success through our values of Discovery, Diversity and Distinction. The current student population is more than 25,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and across the globe.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 527,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley. The campus is within driving distance of Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, San Francisco, Los Angeles, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Orders 1096 and 1097 prohibit discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Fresno State's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring, and retention. We are proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Vaccination Interim Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with California State University, Fresno. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that Fresno State has identified as sensitive.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" under the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This will require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within six (6) months of assuming office and every two (2) years thereafter.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
Fresno State is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions. (e.g. H1-B Visas)