(Administrative Support Coordinator I)
Compensation and Benefits
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $3,505 - $3,770 per month
Full CSU Classification Salary Range: $3,505 - $5,508 per month
- This is a full-time (equivalent to 40 hours per week), probationary, non-exempt position.
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 14 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here.
The Pre-Award Coordinator is responsible for providing a full range of complex clerical and administrative support functions assisting the Research Administrators in the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs with pre-award services, particularly with the development and submission of proposals for research, educational, and other sponsored projects. The incumbent works to assure that all administrative support functions are completed in a timely manner which may include assisting with financial, programmatic and administrative support for general office operations.
Reporting to the Director of Research and Sponsored Programs and supervised by an ORSP Research Administrator, the Pre-Award Coordinator will join a dynamic team supporting the department’s core activities. This position will communicate and interact with a diverse population of students, faculty, employees, and community constituents.
- Thorough mastery of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling with ability to clearly communicate orally and in writing.
- Fully functional knowledge of and skilled in all technical aspects of work assignments related to standard office procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of standard office equipment and software packages (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite, Google apps).
- Demonstrated knowledge of data entry and recordkeeping utilizing complex databases or electronic recordkeeping systems.
- Interpret and apply policies and procedures independently and use judgment and discretion to act when precedents do not exist.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills to serve as front-line for a variety of high- level campus and community individuals.
- Ability to effectively write and/or present reports, documents and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively handle interpersonal interactions at all levels and handle highly sensitive interpersonal situations.
- Ability to create and maintain program records and provide data for review in developing and implementing strategies to support programmatic goals and enhance processes.
- Ability to effectively organize and independently handle multiple work unit priorities and projects in a fast- paced team-oriented environment.
- Create, organize and maintain accurate technical, complex, sensitive and/or confidential records and files.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships and promote a positive, service oriented collegial work environment with a variety of individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure accuracy and attention to detail with a high volume of duties and tasks.
- Must be available to work eight hours per day, five days a week.
To view the full list of qualifications and job responsibilities, please click the Position Description button above.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma.
- Three years of experience providing customer service, processing, and administrative support in a high volume, deadline-driven environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience working in a higher education environment.
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat Pro.
The function of the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) is to assist faculty and staff in the development and submission of proposals for sponsored research and educational projects. Staff assist faculty with interpreting guidelines and sponsor submission requirements, contacting potential sponsors, preparing budgets, completing application forms, obtaining university approvals, electronic submission of proposals, facilitating compliance items, and assisting with other pre‐award needs. In fiscal year 2022, the office helped faculty submit over 500 proposals to federal, state, local, corporate, and foundation sponsors. Over 350 awards were received amounting to over $48 million.
Deadline & Application Instructions
Applications received by April 16, 2023 will be given full consideration by the search committee.
Applications received after that date will be forwarded at the request of the Hiring Manager and/or search committee.
Please click “Apply Now” to complete the employment application for California State University, Fresno. Interested applicants must complete the application and attach the following: 1) their most recent resumé/vitae, 2) a cover letter that addresses their specific qualifications and interest, and 3) contact information for three professional references.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to boldly educate and empower students for success through our values of Discovery, Diversity and Distinction. The current student population is more than 25,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and across the globe.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 527,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley. The campus is within driving distance of Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, San Francisco, Los Angeles, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Orders 1096 and 1097 prohibit discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Fresno State's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring, and retention. We are proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Vaccination Interim Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to email@example.com.
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with California State University, Fresno. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that Fresno State has identified as sensitive.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" under the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This will require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within six (6) months of assuming office and every two (2) years thereafter.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
Fresno State is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions. (e.g. H1-B Visas)